Microsoft PowerPoint 2013 is presentation software that belongs to the popular Microsoft Office productivity suite. Along with the cloud services integration and support for touch-enabled devices included in all the programs, other novelties of this version we can tell you about include the enhancement of presentation set-up and projection views, the widened variety of shapes, themes and transitions, and improved zoom functionality.
We can say there has been substantial enhancement of presentations set-up and projection views, a widened variety of shapes, themes and transitions, and improved zoom functionality
Some of the most appreciated features of this Office software have been the Presenter View and the Present Online option. The Presenter view allows you to also see your presentation notes, while the audience only sees the slide, multiple monitors are no longer required. This mode includes several behind-the-scenes tools and an automatic set up. Present Online appears as the equivalent of Broadcast Slide Show, with the added option of letting people download your presentation. Note than if you enable this feature, they will be free to navigate through the presentation at their own pace while you are presenting!
Getting started with Microsoft PowerPoint 2013 is easier than ever thanks to its redesigned Start UI, in which the user is able to choose from a good number of new templates and variants, as well as seeing some layout previews. In relation to this, we must highlight that this software includes a variation of built-in themes, with changes in colors and fonts. When it comes to inserting pictures, now you can choose whether to source them from your hard drive or from your cloud folders. Regarding the capability of inserting pictures obtained from the internet, we must say that the possibilities has been widened if you log in your Microsoft account. And the same happens when you save your presentations; you can choose whether to save things locally or in web services such as SkyDrive or SharePoint. You can even save as a video by choosing WMV or MPEG-4 formats, for instance.
One of the most outstanding enhancements of Microsoft PowerPoint 2013 has to do with the Presenter View. First, it has been darkened so the person presenting from behind the computer does not get that disturbing glow. Second, it now includes three resizable panes; Slide preview, Next Slide preview and Notes area, that you can adjust according to your preferences. To resize an area, hover your mouse over its divider bars, click and drag. Third, you can now jump to any section or slide in your presentation just by clicking in the Slide Sorter icon, or by right-clicking and choosing “See all slides”. Fourth, and maybe one of the most usable ones, is the ability to zoom in on slides just by clicking on the magnifying glass icon.
Microsoft PowerPoint 2013 15.0.4420.1017 Features
The unique features of Microsoft PowerPoint 2013 are as follows:
- Presenter View has been darkened, offers three re-sizable panes, and allows jumping up slides and zooming in
- Redesigned Start UI
- Widened saving capabilities: possibility of saving on your computer (locally) or in cloud storage. You can also save as a video
- Possibility of inserting online images
- Built-in theme variations to customize themes’ colors and fonts
- Eyedropper tool for color matching
- Greater support for multimedia formats
- Threaded comments to ease following conversations in collaborative projects with the possibility of seeing avatars of those who have commented
- Smart Guides to help aligning and distributing objects on a slide
- Ability to switch accounts from Microsoft, Office 365 and SkyDrive and ability to merge several ones in one profile just by clicking on “Add a Place” in the Open screen
- Present Online appears as the equivalent of Broadcast Slide Show
- Merge Shapes module now offers five tools: Union, Combine, Fragment, Intersect and Subtract
- Motion Path End uses a ghosted object to show you the final position of a motion path
If you want to read more information about Microsoft PowerPoint 2013 before you download it, feel free to visit the developer’s site.
The minimum system requirements to correctly download and install Microsoft PowerPoint 2013 are:
- Operating System: Windows Server 2008 R2 or further
- Processor: 1 GHz or faster
- RAM Memory: 1GB for 32-bit and 2GB for 64-bit
- HDD: 3GB of free space
- 1024 x 768 screen resolution
- Graphic card compatible with DirectX10