Microsoft Access 2013 is a database management system which is bundled into the Microsoft Office 2013 productivity suite. The most outstanding feature is the possibility of building a Web app as a new type of database. If you want to build an app, you just need to select the data you want to track, such as contacts, tasks or projects. This software is then able to create the database structure, and you are ready to add and edit data.
If you want to build an app, you just need to select the data you want to track, such as contacts, tasks or projects. This software is then able to create the database structure, and you are ready to add and edit data.
Despite the powerful benefits it brings to you, this program is very intuitive, since you just need to write what you need to track. You will also be able to add tables to your app by using pre-designed table templates. Depending on the tasks you want to perform, you will be able to search for the right free templates, since there are several different models available that will fit your particular necessities for your individual projects.
Another benefit is that you don't need to have Microsoft Access 2013 installed on your computer to use the apps you've created. The database allows sharing of your data and control of the access to it, thanks to its SharePoint and SkyDrive integration. On the downside, it has removed some features like the Upsizing Wizard, included in the Access edition of Microsoft Office 2010 suite, and Pivot Chart, to make room for the new features. It is important to mention that if you want to download this program you have to download the complete Microsoft Office 2013 suite.
Use this software with templates and extra help
The first thing you must know about this database program is the layout and functions of the different buttons. The most important one is "File", which is used to manage your documents. You can use this button to open, close, save or share your files. In the ribbon, you will find all the options you can use to create your file, depending on where you click on, whether "Home" or "Database Tools".
As well as all that, you can filter objects by typing any word into the search box of Microsoft Access 2013; or hide the ribbon by clicking on the up-arrow placed on the top-right corner of the window. Moreover, you can get free help from Microsoft about this program by clicking on the question mark, or by using the templates that this software places at your disposal.
Microsoft Access 2013 15.0.4420.1017 Features
Below you will find the new features that this software offers to its users:
- Creation of apps: You can create a database app using your SharePoint server as your host
- You can add tables to your apps using the new pre-designed templates
- You can import external data from the desk database of Access, or from Excel or SharePoint, among others
- There are callouts for setting properties to improve the user experience
- Each one of the built-in views has an Action Bar with buttons for adding, editing, saving, etc. You can add more buttons, or remove the existing ones
- There are new controls to work with related data: related items control, auto-complete control , and drill-through links
For further information about this software you can visit the developer’s website .
The minimum system requirements to download and install this software are:
- Operating System: Windows 7
- Processor: 1GHz
- Memory: 1 GB RAM for a 32-bit Operating System, and 2 GB RAM for a 64-bit Operating System
- HDD: 3 GB of free space